Import postal codes for Japan
In Japan, the Japan Postal Office provides a ZIP code file that you can import into Dynamics 365 Finance. This article walks you through the process for importing ZIP/postal codes. This example uses the JPMF demo data company.
Prepare the ZIP code file
- Download the comma-separated values (CSV) file from the Japan Postal Office home page.
- Open the file and convert the file encoding from “Shift-JIS” to “UTF-16 LE” (you can use free software such as Notepad++ for Windows to open the source file and convert the encode to UCS-2 LE BOM.)
- Open the file for editing, and add the following row for the column headings.
- In the file, add zeros before any ZIP code that has fewer than seven digits. ZIP codes that have fewer than seven digits won’t be accepted.)
Create a data import project and import the data
- Go System administration > Workspaces > Data management.
- Click Import to create an import project.
- Enter a name, and select ZIP Postal Code Japan as the entity name.
- Upload the data file.
- Set the source file format of the importing project to “CSV(Unicode)”.
- Click Import.
- Validate the results.
Source: Import postal codes for Japan – Finance | Dynamics 365 | Microsoft Docs