You need an extension.
We will give you simple instruction How to setup Gmail SMTP service for Magento 2 It’s time to say farewell to procrastination sending email, we know it’s hurt that the default SMTP mode can not quite manage to set all the things in its right place, fact brings the truth that tons of sending mail was sent straightly to the… spam box, not customer’s inbox
The guide is pretty simple and everyone, no matter you’re a newbie or veteran, can accomplish it easily and quickly. This guide will use Mageplaza SMTP extension to configure this setup. It’s free extension so there’s no risk to try out this new advanced modules. You can download Magento 2 SMTP in Github and the installation guide can be found at this Documentation.
Step 1: Create and setup Gmail Account
Step 2: Setup Gmail SMTP for Magento 2
Be sure you’ve installed SMTP for Magento 2 by Mageplaza successfully. Here we go
STEP 1. Create and setup Gmail account
- Login to your Gmail account, go to
My account > Sign-in&Security > Connected Apps and SitesBe sure Allow less secure apps is ON.
- In the Setting page, make some minor change on Forwarding and POP/IMAP. Basically we will turn POP/IMAP on at this step
- In POP Download, with 1. Status choose Enable POP for all email
- In MAP Access, choose enable IMAP
- Click Save changes at the bottom
STEP 2. Setup Gmail SMTP for Magento 2
- Back to Magento Admin, make your way from
Mageplaza > SMTP > Configuration. Expand General Configuration, choose Yes to turn Mageplaza SMTP on
- Expand SMTP Configuration Option, complete these following steps
- In the SMTP Provider field, choose Gmail (choose other if you’re using it)
- Click Auto Fill button to fill Host, Port, Authentication and Protocol will be automatically filled up to match Gmail provider you had chosen.
- In the Username and Password field, fill the gmail account you just have setup in the mentioned STEP 1.
- In Test Email Recipient, enter the email you want to sent to. A successful report will show up if thing worked properly.
And now you have done with the set up SMTP in Magento 2 with Gmail provider!
- Configure Gmail SMTP in Magento 2
- How to configure Mail.com SMTP
- How to configure 1&1 Webmail SMTP
- How to set up SMTP Email